Thursday 5 June 2008

Another Simple Snack: Edamame with Salt n' Chili

I'm in a rush, so I just thought I would quickly share with you one of my favourite quick snacks! Did you know that edamame are baby soybeans? How cute!

And they're even good for you - so crack on in there and enjoy!

Edamame with Salt n' Chili


Ah, go on - d'you really need a recipe?? I use frozen ones - I don't even know how long you'd need to cook fresh!

Cook the edamame according to the packet, drain, then whilst they're still damp sprinkle on flaky sea salt and chilli flakes.

Eat by putting the pod in your mouth and squeezing the beans out with your teeth!

Feel smug.

Related Posts



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i were british so i could get away with using the word "whilst."

also, edamame, yay!

Unknown said...

Only had these in Wagamama's but will try to source frozen ones up here in Scotland.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I love having these in restaurants... better than the potato skins and three cheese artichoke dip...at least better for me.I didn't know they were baby soy beans:D

Homemade Heaven said...

Some dishes speak for themselves - this certainly does - it's shouting "Eat ME".

Núria said...

It does look simple but sounds delicious, Kittie! I don't know if I had seen these around here. Now I'll see if I can find some :D

Anonymous said...

My husband is a huge edamame fan. This will be a great surprise for him!

Laura Paterson said...

michelle, I hadn't realised it was just a British word!

margaret, try the frozen section at an asian supermarket :)

val - maybe better for us - but your option sounds reeeeealllly tasty!!!

roseþ - which makes it all the better that they are positively good for us!

nuria - good luck, it'll be worth it if you can hunt them down :)

fearless - as long as he like it hot he'll definitely like these then!

Jeff said...

Edamame is by far one of my favorite healthy snacks. I have packages of them in the freezer and I never ever thought of chili flakes. Brilliant suggestion!

zlamushka said...

i love edamame with a glass of cold beer, that is a lovely friday evening combo.
By the way, round-up for T&T May is up now. Hope you re ready for the June challenge.